G. Allen Fleece served as the second president of Columbia International University (then Columbia Bible College) from 1953-1966. Under his leadership the current campus of CIU on Monticello Road was purchased and developed.
Fleece earned his bachelor’s degree from Washington & Lee University, a Master of Divinity degree from Columbia Theological Seminary and an honorary doctorate from Washington & Lee.
Before becoming president of CIU, Fleece served as a CIU professor during two separate periods beginning in 1938. In between those periods he taught at Moody Bible Institute, and then pastored a church in Chattanooga, Tenn.
Fleece also served on boards of the West Indies Mission and The South American Indian Mission.
He resigned from CIU to enter a traveling preaching ministry at Bible conferences overseas. He would later serve as pastor of Westminster Church in Chattanooga, Tenn. and Bethany Presbyterian Church in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The G. Allen Fleece library on the CIU campus was dedicated in his honor in 1990 as a reminder of his contribution to the life of the institution.